Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bet Of The Day

3 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Bet Of The Day - Page 5 Empty Re: Bet Of The Day

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:06 pm

EW singles, half stakes double

Es Que Love 315 Nmk
Star Lahib 255 Yk

ALSO

Muharrib 205 Nmk
Society Rock 350 Nmk

Win singles, quarter stakes EW double

I'd not ignore Sir Graham Wade 220 Yk either - had a big race in him last week and found nowhere to go. I think Mark Johnston could have a stellar day, tbh.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:36 pm

NotBert wrote:EW singles, half stakes double

Es Que Love 315 Nmk ---------2ND 15/2
Star Lahib 255 Yk --------------UNPLACED

ALSO

Muharrib 205 Nmk --------------2ND 9/2
Society Rock 350 Nmk ---------2ND 11/2

NOT BAD
AT ALL BERT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Nobby Cheese wrote:
NotBert wrote:EW singles, half stakes double

Es Que Love 315 Nmk ---------2ND 15/2
Star Lahib 255 Yk --------------UNPLACED

ALSO

Muharrib 205 Nmk --------------2ND 9/2
Society Rock 350 Nmk ---------2ND 11/2

NO EACH WAY lUCKY 15?
affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Yes, there was, Tone, but I wasn't going to put it up as I fancied them to different degrees (more place/place, win/win really).

Fucking seething at the ride Norton gave Star Lahib. One of the landmark big money handicaps in the season and he decides not to give last up to anyone with two furlongs or so to go. Carves through two thirds of the field from there and he might be good but but he's not fucking Pegasus
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:08 pm

They weren't great today and I could have put two up but it would have been on sufferance. As it was you'd have got a 9/2 winner and a loser but I can't have that for credit.

Am intrigued by the Irish Oaks tonight, though (6.15, Curragh). Venus De Milo appears to be considered the yard's "next best" every time it turns out. Thing is, every time it turns out, it scuppers the better option. Has seen very little racing but all of it on the quick and all recently. Big at bigger than 6s to win. Dirty bastards have gone down to 7 runners (why they entered Alive Alive Oh when it hasn't rained in a month I don't know) but I think she's good enough to win it and won't be inconvenienced by hearing her hooves rattle
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:27 pm

NotBert wrote:They weren't great today and I could have put two up but it would have been on sufferance.  As it was you'd have got a 9/2 winner and a loser but I can't have that for credit.

Am intrigued by the Irish Oaks tonight, though (6.15, Curragh).  Venus De Milo appears to be considered the yard's "next best" every time it turns out.  Thing is, every time it turns out, it scuppers the better option.  Has seen very little racing but all of it on the quick and all recently.  Big at bigger than 6s to win.  Dirty bastards have gone down to 7 runners (why they entered Alive Alive Oh when it hasn't rained in a month I don't know) but I think she's good enough to win it and won't be inconvenienced by hearing her hooves rattle

Seriously unlucky, never really put in the race until it was too late and beaten a head. Could even get it in the Stewrd's Room but it will need the acting of Peter O'Toole, not Seamus Heffernan
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Unlucky man.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:20 pm

Another Paddy Power jailbreak, Tone. Stakes returned on any horse finishing second in the Irish Oaks. Consolation but not reward. At the rate of improvement and the alluvial silt draining supremely well in Paris, VDM may even get a tilt at the Arc, I don't think this is a standout year for 3yos so far...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:43 am

Here's a Lucky 15 for today - smaller fields and a lot of horses don't manage on genuinely fast/firm ground means win opportunities open up a bit. Do the each way, obviously.

Cirrus Des Aigles - 350 Asc should really carry this field in the big race.  All the main opposers are injured or out, has about 10lb on ratings on its nearest challenger and much as I don't back on those terms usually, can't see it being surmounted.  About 6/4
Gatepost - 305 Ncle is one of the most infuriating horses in training as it does enough to fuck up its handicap rating but not enough to win now and again.  It's finally dropped a few and this looks a cracking chance at 5s or so
Cape Peron - 240 Asc is a cracking prospect and was well touted at the Royal Meeting (if you remember, a return for me on enhanced places).  This is less competitive. 7/2
Secondo - 355 Nmk is a huge improver and I'll gladly take 7/2 that the handicapper has yet to catch it.

Two more for the win/place singles and doubles
Loving Spirit 315 Asc - you know from previous that I have this horse in my eyeline 12/1
Dick Bos 330 Yk - ran pretty well behing Whozthecat last week in Ireland and the latter is turning into a very good yardstick indeed 14/1 back in the UK
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:27 am

Cirrus Des Aigles - hugely diappointing
Gatepost - looked set to win 3 out, place two out, fnished fifth of eight. Massively infuriating
Cape Peron - non-runner
Secondo - never got to an all the way leader, faded out of the places

Loving Spirit finished third but should have won Evil or Very Mad 
Dick Bos was hampered at a crucial stage by a loose horse (Amy Ryan's saddle slipped and she took what at first view looked a fatal fall IMO - seems she somehow walked away though) and finished a never nearer 7th Evil or Very Mad 
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Bet Of The Day - Page 5 882526 

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:59 pm

Indeed, Tone. Can't all be diamonds, sometimes, just sometimes, you're sifting a big pile of nothing but shit
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:09 pm

Half aftertime, half no notice

Backed Charles Camoin earlier, difficult to keep sound, worth watching when returning as invariably strips fit and runs well, won 20s Shocked (Tooks 10s, may be BOG, will let you know)

Face The Problem in a minute at Ascot for the singles and EW double
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Face The Problem a never nearer sixth, unlucky for the place therefore

No BOG, so I have the luxury of complaining about how much I won...Laughing 
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:22 am

I posted on the Royal Ascot thread that "even geography is giving tips".

Solely out of coincidence, here's something to watch for tomorrow/today at Goodwood.

Garswood on Tuesday
Broxbourne on Wednesday
Broughton on Thursday

These races keep getting won by small towns (even Parbold made a place behind Toormore, FFS, if we want to expand into Ireland) which, coincidence aside, there's a live one IMO

Windhoek and St Moritz are going, but not them. It's in the last. Johnston horses do well at Goodwood for some reason and Ambleside in the last looks the sort that might get on well there (has won at Beverley, another track that produces a "certain type")
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:35 pm

NotBert wrote:I posted on the Royal Ascot thread that "even geography is giving tips".

Solely out of coincidence, here's something to watch for tomorrow/today at Goodwood.

Garswood on Tuesday
Broxbourne on Wednesday
Broughton on Thursday

These races keep getting won by small towns (even Parbold made a place behind Toormore, FFS, if we want to expand into Ireland) which, coincidence aside, there's a live one IMO

Windhoek and St Moritz are going, but not them.  It's in the last.  Johnston horses do well at Goodwood for some reason and Ambleside in the last looks the sort that might get on well there (has won at Beverley, another track that produces a "certain type")

Fucking Wentworth...

My two today for places and place double both failed to get going until too late or were murdered in running.

Es Que Love has a big field handicap waiting to be plundered, got a twat of a run today, never got a clear tilt, finished sixth or so and looks like it hasn't had a race. Ambleside ran on without being given a chance to win to finish fourth.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:00 am

Steward's Cup at Goodwood hasn't been a bad race for me over time but it is a fucking lunatic cavalry charge over a track that has bumps like WW1 trenches at the same time.

I have very strong feelings about Whozthecat 350 Gwd which is 25s out there and with 5 places in a few books.

If you need one for the singles and double I normally tout, then Al Muheer 415 Thsk should do the job, on or around 7s
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Fucking crazy golf day at Ascot today but had to tip one up there.

LABARINTO 2.20 Hay
BROUGHTON 2.40 Ascot

Usual singles and ew double half stakes

Two for the Lucky 15 - Broxbourne 1.30A, Baltic Prince 4.30H
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Fucking laughable that owners would allow training fees to be wasted on the Shergar Cup.

The meeting is the only occasion I ever heard my old man use the word "wanker".
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:24 pm

Labarinto come home in its own time when beaten. No excuses
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:52 pm

Broughton got stuck in the windmill
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Not overly inspired today

Two in the Ripon sprints

Chooseday 250 Ripon
Louis The Pious 330 Ripon

EW singles, 0.25 stakes EW double, both around the 9s and 10s mark
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:16 pm

6/1 place, well punted the first. Looks like there's been rain and the first two home were up the near side which surprises me because the good ground at Ripon was verging on G/F so would have needed a bit to negate it
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:39 pm

The fucking cunts. Twelve of them tacked over to the far rail when you could have speculated at maybe 6, tops. Not one of 11 jockeys thought "that last winner went pretty well" and went where the main group goes. FFS, it wasn't even the main group, which I don't recall ever being able to say any more.

My three against the field were Spinatrix, Pearl Ice and Louis The Pious and the first two would cut their own throats and let the third pick them off at the post. That plan was scuppered Horatio Bottomley style at Blankenberge

(If you don't know the Bottomley story, look it up. Really. Tony has a phrase for him...Laughing )
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Nobby Cheese wrote:
NotBert wrote:First view, very speculative but

Cheviot

335 Musselburgh, 20/1 or so.

It is lightning fast up in Scotland today and Cheviot is both drawn high and as importantly, I believe holds the course record at Haydock up their flying five from last season.

The bet is on his blazing out and nothing getting back to him.
Why the fuck is he 20/1?
Won at Ripon the run before last. Seems he did precisely that. Ran well at York today...

BUT>>>>> (aftertime alert)
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum