Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bet Of The Day

3 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Bet Of The Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Bet Of The Day

Post  NotBert Sat May 11, 2013 12:09 pm

This was a massive winning day for me last year but my confidence isn't what it was for these events this time round.

I doubled the Victoria Cup and the Swinton at fancy prices and this year I'm on

Loving Spirit 350 Asc
Forgotten Voice 330 Hay

The two I'd have an interest in today are Forgotten Voice above and in the 1.30, Battle Group. Won over hurdles and fences in the three days at Aintree and has had a 15lb bump in the weights since. Thing is, on a flat oval like Haydock, you have similar layout and conditions and frankly, I don't think they've caught it yet. I'd be willing to take that punt.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat May 11, 2013 1:58 pm

NotBert wrote:This was a massive winning day for me last year but my confidence isn't what it was for these events this time round.

Loving Spirit 350 Asc
Forgotten Voice 330 Hay

The two I'd have an interest in today are Forgotten Voice above and in the 1.30, Battle Group. Won over hurdles and fences in the three days at Aintree and has had a 15lb bump in the weights since. Thing is, on a flat oval like Haydock, you have similar layout and conditions and frankly, I don't think they've caught it yet. I'd be willing to take that punt.

Battle Group wins, 13/2 took 7s. Get fucking bent. Razz
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat May 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Forgotten Voice a non-runner and In Loving Spirit a flying 8th, having been absolutely fucking murdered in running from two out costing IMO anything between 2 and 5 lengths. One to follow in straight 7f/mile handicaps IMO.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 11, 2013 10:29 pm

NotBert wrote:
NotBert wrote:This was a massive winning day for me last year but my confidence isn't what it was for these events this time round.

Loving Spirit 350 Asc
Forgotten Voice 330 Hay

Battle Group wins, 13/2 took 7s. Get fucking bent. Razz

Bet Of The Day - Page 4 380407 Bet Of The Day - Page 4 380407 Bet Of The Day - Page 4 380407

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat May 18, 2013 9:12 am

First view today

Prodigality 240 Nby finished third behind a flying winner and what I think will turn out to be a useful but as yet inexperienced second at York in the week. 9s or thereabouts to frank the run in the week.

Farhh 350 Nby The Lockinge was one of the farmed wins of wonderhorse Frankel last season. Farhh, like Excelebration, was one of the horses that frequently got to see Frankel's arse while picking up runners up money (at Goodwood and York), He was beaten in 5 G1s by 1. So You Think (top class) and Carlton House (decent but excuses in running) 2. Nathaniel (top class) 3. & 4. Frankel (outstanding) and 5. Moonlight Cloud (top class over sprints distances, over 7f when Farhh is essentially a 10f horse). The Lockinge is over a mile. Although I think Farhh is better over further, if they run this race 5 times he wins at least 2, IMO, so 4/1 is massive.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat May 18, 2013 1:57 pm

Prodigality out Bet Of The Day - Page 4 523193 so replace with the Stoute horse that looks like it could be a blot on the handicap Modern Tutor

Chuck in 2.20 Newmarket and 2.55 Newmarket, fancy prices Party Line and Victrix Ludorum

There's an EW Lucky there
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat May 18, 2013 11:49 pm

NotBert wrote:Farhh 350 Nby The Lockinge was one of the farmed wins of wonderhorse Frankel last season. Farhh, like Excelebration, was one of the horses that frequently got to see Frankel's arse while picking up runners up money (at Goodwood and York), He was beaten in 5 G1s by 1. So You Think (top class) and Carlton House (decent but excuses in running) 2. Nathaniel (top class) 3. & 4. Frankel (outstanding) and 5. Moonlight Cloud (top class over sprints distances, over 7f when Farhh is essentially a 10f horse). The Lockinge is over a mile. Although I think Farhh is better over further, if they run this race 5 times he wins at least 2, IMO, so 4/1 is massive.

Fucking skated up - one to keep onside, possible champion in its division this year although IMO it didn't beat much, it did twat them.

The rest sucked big dicks
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 19, 2013 12:41 pm

Bet Of The Day - Page 4 380407

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat May 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Aside from George Vancouver (Guineas thread)

Sole Power 350 Hay - should only have to turn up. Previous recent winner on this thread, this looks even more likely. 6/4 or so after defectors

Duke of Firenze at York 255 takes its chance. Cheeky (i.e. Fallon nearly fucked it up) winner last up, has a lot going for it but mainly untapped improvement. 13/2 or so

Also tilting at Jimmy Styles 245 over at the Curragh. I think there'll be a lot of disappointing sorts in that race so 6s is value as it should be nailed on he'll have a few more behind than in front and has the toe to win it.

NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat May 25, 2013 3:24 pm

You can smell the three that have run already from here
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 25, 2013 4:41 pm

NotBert wrote:You can smell the three that have run already from here
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon May 27, 2013 1:04 pm

After Saturday's debacle, I'm looking at one only, and only because it's one of the two biggest races of the year at the hideous (the 12f start is next to a fucking bus stop separated only by a six foot high chicken-wire fence) but enterprisingly-run Redcar racecourse.

Before we go any further, Redcar suffers from being in Redcar, not because it's shit. It has a worse location than Haydock (accessible only to hikers on foot as it's at the junction of the M6 and the East Lancs - an ideal location for under the counter payments in the transfer markets or the handover of kidnap victims) but makes a fist of it through exemplary enterprise, for which it should be applauded. Just to convince you more, you can get the 22A or the 81 here (grade A research from your forum geek):

Bet Of The Day - Page 4 Redcar10

It's not Longchamp.

Anyway, Redcar - its other big race is the 2yo Tote Gold Trophy in October on Arc weekend (which is testament to its value as it is very well contested despite a massive meeting opposite it at Newmarket). Today is the Zetland Gold Cup. Newmarket takes it seriously enough to load boxes and send them up the A1(M) on a Bank Holiday weekend and I'll side with one of Filthy's again today.

4.00 Redcar GABRIAL THE GREAT and let's have it E/W at 9s or so
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon May 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Ran well, put a few to the sword from the off and was only overhauled late on. Comfortable third, place landed**.

**Amazingly, 11/2 at 1/5th odds on the off. Even the 9s (with a 1/4 retaining odds) is a fucking good shout
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:07 am

Could be a few likelies today, especially on the sharp ground.

My two:
Nocturn 2.55 Nmk
Gracia Directa 3.50 Hay

Win singles and double. Nocturn nearly took a field of experienced sorts on last time and run them pillar to post, but for being mugged late on. More experienced today. Gracia Directa looks down in class and I think is underestimated because she's German-trained.

Both knocking around the 4/1 mark.

Others of interest are the two box 1 horses in the sprints at Chester - Lucky Numbers (245) and Strange Magic (505). 8s and 12s is a net 5/1 for just the place double with the possibility of the win double pools win pay out discounted. I think that's big just as is with a chance of far, far bigger.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:00 pm

I am fucking good to you. Nocturn, greenish looking still and very much with ideas about the game, holds on. 3/1, recommended bigger.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:07 pm

NotBert wrote:Could be a few likelies today, especially on the sharp ground.

My two:
Nocturn 2.55 Nmk
Gracia Directa 3.50 Hay

Win singles and double. Nocturn nearly took a field of experienced sorts on last time and run them pillar to post, but for being mugged late on. More experienced today. Gracia Directa looks down in class and I think is underestimated because she's German-trained.

Others of interest are the two box 1 horses in the sprints at Chester - Lucky Numbers (245) and Strange Magic (505). 8s and 12s is a net 5/1 for just the place double with the possibility of the win double pools win pay out discounted. I think that's big just as is with a chance of far, far bigger.

First two run (Nocturn, Lucky Numbers), first two win, SP 3/1, 8/1

Two stellar double possibilities here today now... Very Happy
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:55 pm

Graham Lee you fucking cunt.

Long perm so far (ew, all multiples)
Loser
8/1 winner
4/1 winner
3/1 runner up (Lee on Pastoral Player, go and watch the race)
11/2 runner up
4/1 runner up (Grazia Directa, done late on by Lee)

Two to go... Mad
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:53 pm

NotBert wrote:
NotBert wrote:Could be a few likelies today, especially on the sharp ground.

My two:
Nocturn 2.55 Nmk
Gracia Directa 3.50 Hay

First two run (Nocturn, Lucky Numbers), first two win, SP 3/1, 8/1

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:24 pm

Neither of the others were near enough to do damage. Neutral Strange Magic was handy enough but at the same time should have been handier. Finished sixth when fewer than expected got into it
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:59 pm

First view, very speculative but

Cheviot

335 Musselburgh, 20/1 or so.

It is lightning fast up in Scotland today and Cheviot is both drawn high and as importantly, I believe holds the course record at Haydock up their flying five from last season.

The bet is on his blazing out and nothing getting back to him.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:47 pm

NotBert wrote:First view, very speculative but

Cheviot

335 Musselburgh, 20/1 or so.

It is lightning fast up in Scotland today and Cheviot is both drawn high and as importantly, I believe holds the course record at Haydock up their flying five from last season.

The bet is on his blazing out and nothing getting back to him.
Why the fuck is he 20/1?

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Honestly don't know, Tone.  As it was he asn't beaten far but he simply didn't get out.  Temperamentally, I don't know if he gets on with horses around him because he ran awful awkwardly for a horse that has speed to burn and a few miles on the clock.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:07 pm

But for having had a raft of errands to run I'd have put up a nice winner today and sworn like a fucking trooper at my other.

Normal service will be resumed when I have the chance to get my head out of my arse.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:38 am

Today is on of the magical days in the calendar for pissheads and racing fans alike. Buses by the score are converging on York for the Magnet Cup - other than the Ayr Gold Cup and the St Leger, there isn't a bigger day in the "racing society/social club/close season sports team jolly" calendar. They're racing at Chester where the same is happening only on trains out of Liverpool, Manchester, the Midlands and North Wales. The main meeting is neither of the above - becuse it's the Group 1 July Cup at HQ. And if that were not enough, the spiritual home of flat racing in June, Ascot, have a card that stands up to scrutiny as well. There's enough racing sugar to induce diabetes.

More in a bit.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum