Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bet Of The Day

3 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Bet Of The Day - Page 8 Empty Re: Bet Of The Day

Post  NotBert Sat May 31, 2014 12:10 pm

I'm taking two out of collateral form as a sporting bet today

6th last up Jamaican Bolt 2.50 Yk, back over its preferred 5f
7th in the same race Regal Parade 3.0 Nmk, 6f, stiff finish, juice in the ground

Both in double figures, very much speculative, usual stipulations.

Another speculative one is Robert The Painter 3.05 Ches - drawn high is factored into the price but he'll go for the front which you can do over 7f and they'll have to get past him, I reckon - has run some belters this season.

Clever Cookie and Pretzel are a baked double that look like they'll go close today as well.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:23 pm

The sprinters didn't do it, Robert The Painter never got to the front, Clever Cookie won in a dead heat so lost as well and Pretzel ran all over Newmarket to finish second when it should have won - very green IMO.

Ended up having a fair day as Steps won, Clever Cookie won, Swnymor won with his fucking head in his chest at Chester and Duke of Clarence got beaten late on by an outsider that I swear sprouted fucking wings. Decent EW Lucky that nearly bought the fucking lot but can't complain given the lack of showing from above
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:16 am

Two Derby trialists/runners in handicaps today

Double Bluff 1.35 Epsm was a short head behind Snow Sky, tidy winner of the Lingfield Derby Trial subsequently.  His second run was further back in the same trial but over further; the bet is that he goes back in trip and down into handicap company and wins.  14/1 is, on that prospect, a play.  He'll be up front as well, which isn't essential at Epsom but historically, horses do not pass the entire field after Tattenham Corner (he won't be facing Troy, go and watch it here...

then rewind it and try and pick him out beforehand.  Won by 7 lengths, acceleration between the 2 pole and 1 pole is amazing). Horses rarely win like Pegasus at Epsom.

Mirsaale 4.50 Epsm won the Derby Trial at Epsom last year and ran 9th in the big one.  Last (and next) three runs have been in Pattern races and he was unlucky not to give the sound performer Gatewood at Goodwood (yes, that does read right) a closer run race last time out and even then was only beaten a neck.  12/1 or so is therefore big again for a horse dropping back into handicap company that acts on the track.

Double Bluff 1.35
Mirsaale 4.50

Usual EW stipulations
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:01 am

I'll add to the two above that Tangerine Trees in the Dash has two things I'd point out as well

(i) It goes off like shit off a stick as a rule
(ii) It once won the Abbaye, and so was Europe's champion G1 sprinter doing precisely that.

The Epsom 5f is the fastest 5f in the UK.

3.15 Epsom, 16s or so, you will surely get a run for your money.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:25 pm

I was on Troy that day, bigtime.
I would have sucked Carson's cock for what he won me.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:34 pm

Fuck me, I've never seen so many horses given absolutely no chance at all and as the day is completely fucked, the only one I back that does get out makes every yard in the last (Ashpan Sam, a previous winner on this thread, I fancy).

Arod finished fourth in the Derby and I don't think enough use was made of him. I can't believe in terms of positioning, he was the best of the day of mine before the last. I'm no jockey but that's all the more reason to point out the fucking desolate racebrains of current jockeys. Watch back videos of Epsom. It's not rocket science.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:12 pm

Someone has fucking got it in for me.

One bet today, out of interest, speculative on what I considered an inflated price against known form at Goodwood, Democretes, 20/1, each way, in the 5.10.  Mad 
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:56 pm

Three today

Jamaican Bolt 230 Muss
Move In Time 335 Muss
Supplicant 350 Yk

Unit EW singles, EW doubles at half and half unit EW treble.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:46 pm

Jamaican Bolt fifth.  Sounds about right.  Move In Time and the rest of the field let an all the way winner do it in the big race in Musselburgh and play to see who'll be 7th.  It pissed down overnight and as I've said before, you can give anything away but ground.  I fucking despair. Supplicant aptly named.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Bet Of The Day - Page 8 523193 

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Honestly, I wish they'd fuck off

Local independent goes 1/3 odds one race a day. It was the 4.50 at Donny today, 14 runner h'cap. Does Mazaaher. Takes 14s. Watches it finish yet another fucking fourth. Goes off 6s. Twaaaaat
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:08 pm

10 years ago today I climbed the photograph tower at Newcastle to inspect a photo with a disgruntled trainer who stated when up there, having climbed a 40-foot scaffold tower "that's no use to me, I don't have my glasses with me".

Pitmen's Derby, Oriental Fox will find today more of a proposition after the Ascot Gold Cup... First run in handicap company for the season, 9/1 or so, 3.50 Ncle

Ashpan Sam is a familiar on this thread and I'm going in again, 11/4 isn't unfair 4.10 Wind

NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:24 pm

NotBert wrote: who stated when up there, having climbed a 40-foot scaffold tower "that's no use to me, I don't have my glasses with me".

Bet Of The Day - Page 8 882526 lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 pm

We could see it, Tone (we were a group of four) and he was clearly fifth.  Still have the print somewhere...

The horse that finished fourth was, amazingly, Collier Hill - who progressed a bit afterwards...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collier_Hill

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/horse_home.sd?horse_id=539378#topHorseTabs=horse_race_record&bottomHorseTabs=horse_form
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:03 pm

Hard to believe Joe Fanning won the Pitmen's Derby 21 years ago and yet rode that like he'd never been in the fucking race before. Gave his position up early on and at Newcastle in the Pitmen's, you never get that back. Has finished further back than he did in a G1 ten days ago, still wasn't beaten far but consequently we'll never know if he could have won as he gave it no fucking chance whatsoever.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Ashpan Sam backed to exclusion in the field at Windsor, into 7/4, all but pulled up, something seemingly amiss the way the jockey behaved. FML
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:29 pm

I recall discussing The Romford Pele on here with Tone in one of our "Karen Parlour, WAFC" threads. It finished third in Ireland, and I thought it was underused.

I don't usually look in on a Sunday. Today was no different. But it won today, 13/2. It also won three weeks ago, 6/4. It's only ran twice since. Fuck OOOOOOFFFFFF  Laughing 
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:42 pm

No preamble today but feeling sanguine for once

Talent - 2.55 Hay
Bondi Beach Boy - 3.40 Bev as my front two, usual stipulations

War Command as speculative value in the Eclipse, 3.50 Sand

Five more for a long EW perm of the eight

Steps 2.05 Sand
Velox 2.40 Sand
Havana Cooler 3.30 Hay
Alejandro 4.40 Hay
Coin Broker 4.50 Bev
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Twat of a set of results. Two of the best drawn horses of the day on tracks with a massive bias both fucking give it away. What Fallon was doing on Steps defies belief
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:08 pm

Bet Of The Day - Page 8 523193 

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Cracking day's racing if you like watching - boozer's meeting at York, July Cup meeting at Newmarket and as for Ascot, well, Ascot is Ascot, always a good show.

Farraaj in the whatever the Magnet Cup is called these days. 255 Yk 10s or so
Abseil in whatever the Bunbury Cup is called these days. 315 Nmk 5s or so
Singles and double as per usual

Elsewhere, the pattern races
Producer 230 Asc
G Force 330 Yk
Due Diligence 350 Nmk July Cup

Fuck it, three more fancy prices for a long e/w perm
Royal Rascal 140 Yk
Masamah 155 Asc
Boomerang Bob 40 Ches
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:28 pm

Lot of non-runners today as well. Handy in the Magnet in particular as it moves Farraaj a lot closer in regarding draw concerns and positioning from the same
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:46 pm

Royal Rascal never ran a step. Cannot fathom how a horse can completely drop out after its last run in a tidy time when back at a course where it has a cracking history.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:33 pm

Masamah not good enough, Producer fell out the blocks and fourth was as close as he was going to get
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:01 pm

NotBert wrote:Cracking day's racing if you like watching - boozer's meeting at York, July Cup meeting at Newmarket and as for Ascot, well, Ascot is Ascot, always a good show.

Farraaj in the whatever the Magnet Cup is called these days.  255 Yk 10s or so Wins, 6s  cheers bit of a punt, tumbled two points in the five mins before the off
Abseil in whatever the Bunbury Cup is called these days.  315 Nmk 5s or so Never ran a step, may have finished last, backed as if everyone else had 3 legs, 4/1
Singles and double as per usual

Elsewhere, the pattern races
Producer 230 Asc Unpl
G Force 330 Yk
Due Diligence 350 Nmk July Cup NR

Fuck it, three more fancy prices for a long e/w perm
Royal Rascal 140 Yk Unpl
Masamah 155 Asc Unpl
Boomerang Bob 40 Ches
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down